OUR HISTORY

Distillerie Bonollo S.p.A. is a family company with over 100 years of history and one of the major players in the European viticultural distillation. Since forever a true example of circular and sustainable economy, we at Distillerie Bonollo Spa passionately produce spirits of the highest quality from wine and wine by-products.

Grappa is no doubt our flagship spirit, the renowned Italian distillate so deeply rooted in our family heritage, and Brandy is our mark of excellence.

We also produce ethanol, mainly for industrial purposes. The integrated cycle keeps going with the extraction of tartaric acid, a valuable and 100% natural food ++additive, with the formulation of organic fertilizers, to return to the soil what was taken during the agricultural process, and closes with the production of renewable energy. This virtuous and sustainable cycle has always been the core value of our company and is the lever to build our future.

In 1908 Giuseppe Bonollo, the forefather, establishes the company in Veneto, and in 1918 he moves to Formigine (Modena) where his son Luigi distills the fragrant Lambrusco pomaces.

The family grows with six sons Giuseppe, Melchiorre, Alberto, Luigi, Vittorio and Abramo, all committed in making the company thrive.

In 1958 Giuseppe Bonollo understands the great potential of central and southern Italy viticulture and starts a new plant in Anagni, Frosinone province.

In 1976 a new facility in Torrita, Siena province, is purchased and renovated.
The company moves forward and in 1980 Giuseppe Bonollo, Order of Merit for Labor, starts a second plant in Anagni – Paduni area – thus gaining an international reputation as model of circular economy.

In 2007 Distillerie Bonollo Spa enters the renewable energy world and in a few years Bonollo Energia Spa is established. Through Bonollo O&M they run a 12MW facility to get power out of biomasses: about 70% of them come from their own exhausted pomaces.

In 1908 Giuseppe Bonollo, the forefather, establishes the company in Veneto, and in 1918 he moves to Formigine (Modena) where his son Luigi distills the fragrant Lambrusco pomaces.

The family grows with six sons Giuseppe, Melchiorre, Alberto, Luigi, Vittorio and Abramo, all committed in making the company thrive.

In 1958 Giuseppe Bonollo understands the great potential of central and southern Italy viticulture and starts a new plant in Anagni, Frosinone province.

In 1976 a new facility in Torrita, Siena province, is purchased and renovated.
The company moves forward and in 1980 Giuseppe Bonollo, Order of Merit for Labor, starts a second plant in Anagni – Paduni area – thus gaining an international reputation as model of circular economy.

In 2007 Distillerie Bonollo Spa enters the renewable energy world and in a few years Bonollo Energia Spa is established. Through Bonollo O&M they run a 12MW facility to get power out of biomasses: about 70% of them come from their own exhausted pomaces.

BONOLLO FACILITIES

FORMIGINE HEAD OFFICE

Historic headquarters of the family, in 1918 Luigi Bonollo starts distilling from here and leads the way to the expansion over all the Italian territory.

Our roots are our identity, and the Headquarters remain in Formigine with administrative offices and a factory outlet.

TORRITA DI SIENA PLANT

Located in the heart of Tuscany among the most renowned areas of wine production, like Brunello, Nobile from Montepulciano and Chianti Classico, this plant starts in 1976 from the renovation of a pre-existing ancient distillery.

It is the flagship facility of the Bonollo group, strategically placed where the highest quality grapes are available. Continuous and discontinuous alembics of all kinds allow our master distillers to enhance the peculiarities of a variety of raw materials.

Events, guided tours and tastings are available for grappa lovers to get closer to the different features offered by traditional alembics such as Charantaise and boiler stills.

The bottling plant serves both the company needs and the private label customers who export all over the world.

ANAGNI - OSTERIA DELLA FONTANA PLANT

Since 1958 it is the first facility of the group in Lazio region and hosts the ageing warehouses of the most valuable spirits in oak casks.

ANAGNI – LOC. PADUNI PLANT

Since 1980 a reference point for the distillation sector and an excellence of  Italian industry both for production and storage capacities. The daily pure alcohol output is of 750 hectos among grappa, distillates, alcohol for food use and for industrial purposes.

This plant also features a dedicated department to produce L+ Natural Tartaric Acid with a daily output of 15 tons and continuous crystallization to ensure the highest purity.

Thanks to the production of fertilizers and biogas for electric energy, it is also a perfect example of circular economy and sustainability.